Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dark Rising - A Baldur's Gate Comic



1998 was a big year for me. My father got a new job and we moved from Ohio to Virginia. Starting over at a new school can be difficult, especially for a middle schooler. I think thats why when I heard about a new rpg game coming out that was a sprawling medieval fantasy with an epic story I was so excited to get it. Who needs friends when you have hundreds of NPC's with in depth back stories and a well crafted plot line? My late middle school to high school is very much defined by the Baldur's Gate series. I played each of the games several times which is no small feat considering they are probably some of the longest crpgs out there. With the new Enhanced Edition's release and nearly 15 years later, my love of the game was reawakened and Dark Rising - A Baldur's Gate Comic is the result.


The idea to make a comic about Baldur's Gate was inspired by a really talented artist who makes comics about video games, Zac Gorman. You should check out his comics too.

No comments: