Friday, December 18, 2009

Blue Painting





The past couple of self portraits I've painted in oil were all painted with the same palette. I know that having a consistent palette is good but it was getting a little boring. Because I was becoming a little formulaic, all of my skin tones looked the same. When I started this painting I was going to focus on painting more thinly than I usually do. I was hoping to work it slower. It was going ok but when I got to the first wip here I really liked the way everything was a little green. It looked very different than anything I usually do. I went ahead and painted this self portrait with a different color range than my usual paintings. Its hard to tell but it actually uses the same palette as my other paintings but a little more focused on the blue and brown side of things. My disclaimer for this painting is that it looks terrible in the photo. Its much too washed out. You will just have to ask me to show you this painting in life to get a good look at it.

No comments: