Thursday, September 19, 2013

Magical Monster People: Dragon Lady & Mermaid

I've been thinking a lot about how long do I want to keep up the Magical Monster People. I have been going to figure drawing on and off for about 10 years now and I am not about to stop for good any time soon. However, The body switching is a relatively new thing. It adds a fun twist to something that I would do anyway. I started it as a way to break out of the routine of drawing a model but it has become its own routine. I'm noticing repetition in my characters, many of them are starting to look alike. The sketchbook that I have been working in is about to be complete and perhaps I will decide that with the end of the sketchbook that will be the end of the Magical Monster People. Maybe I can change it enough to reinvigorate the concept. Either way I will keep going to figure drawing, whether or not the people have fur, feathers, or fins.

No comments: