Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rosebuds

I'm pretty new to digital painting and haven't quite aqcuired a prefered method in which to work. I decided I needed to change this so I began a copy of JW Waterhouse's "Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May." I will post images of the progress here. Digital painting has become nearly the standard for commercial art. The ease of storage, speed of creation, and never suffers loss of quality or color that occurs when you photograph paintings are just a few of the advantages of computer art. When the end result is a printed image or something that is only going to be seen in reproduction anyway there is little advantage to messing around with oil or acyrlic paints. Having said that, a digital painting is never going to have the power that a physical work of art has. I like both. Anyway, Here is my initial pencil sketch of the painting and then about 5 or 6 hours later. More to come...




No comments: