Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scooters

Scooters are hilarious. I love the idea of them. When I used to ride bikes a lot (like wear spandex and and shave my legs a lot) I would go on rides with 5-10 other dudes wearing spandex. It was a blast, we would ride all in a line and draft off each other and go really really fast. Once we even caught a rather large fellow riding his scooter. The scooter was struggling a bit under the load. My bike ego was blowing up, it was great.

Another time I was riding with some of my bikey friends and this scooter pulls up next to us. The vehicle was carrying two dudes. The driver was completely ignoring us (but still making the decision to ride next to us?) His bro riding on the back, on the other hand was having the time of his life. The guy seriously looked like an extra in Mad Max, a minion of some type. He was looking at us and cackling with his his outrageously dentally impaired grin, all the while fist pumping as hard as he could. Once the duo got in pace with us, back-dude made a (no doubt) clever comment containing a double entendre that totally touché'd our sense of joie de vie. After heckling to his hearts content the duo sped out of my life... and into legend. (of my mind)



side note... Blogger always gives you examples of "labels for this post" and one of them is scooters. yessssssss

No comments: